The following enhancements will appear in EBSCO:
As a valued EBSCO customer, we want to let you know about exciting enhancements to the EBSCOhost interface. On, or after, 29 October 2013, EBSCO is releasing several updates and enhancements to the overall look of the Search, Search Results, and Detailed Record pages within EBSCOhost. These updates provide a more visually appealing and intuitive interface for our users and are a part of our continued efforts to improve the EBSCO search experience based on customer feedback and requests.
Search Box area
- The “Add a Row” has been replaced with +/-.
- Maximum size & width of custom logo will be enforced. The current on-screen recommendation in EBSCOadmin is set below the maximum allowed.
- Updated styling, including the font, allows for additional display space.
- Streamlined layout relocates the number of records returned by the search to directly above the Results List and page navigation to the bottom below the results.
- Selecting a Limiter, such as Full Text, will immediately update the Results List without the need to click an “Update” button.
- The “Preview” and “Folder” icons move to align together to the right side of the column, maintaining a consistent location. Publication type icons now appear below the title.
- Preview hover is now centered inside the screen.
- Expand/Collapse controls move to the outside corners (includes right column).
EBSCO Discovery Service
- Catalog and institutional repository links now appear in the Full Text link area.
- Publisher names will be displayed, in lieu of Source.
- EHIS panel in right sidebar suppresses “EBSCO Discovery Service” title & matches customer specific name.
- Addition of access to relevant eBook pages from the Search Results list for titles in your collection.
These enhancements will occur with a scheduled software update on or after 29 October 2013. All EBSCOhost products and services will be available during the software update. We hope that you and your users enjoy the clean new design of EBSCOhost and welcome your feedback.